Saturday, October 29, 2011

Wanna play a Game?

Games.

Chess.
Scrabble.
Hangman.

These are awesome distractions.

Enduring the pain and suffering these days gets very challenging.  And it wears me out so much that ordering a  burger at a fast food joint can stress me out of my mind!  It frustrates me because I don't have the energy to be my normal, smiling from ear-to-ear, goofy self.

So, I get through most of my days by distracting myself.  This is not a hard task considering that I love shiny things!  And squirrels.  (If you haven't seen the movie, don't worry about it.)

This is a breakdown of my distractions:
Sunday:  Church followed by hours of NFL.
Monday:  Work followed by Monday Night Football.
Tuesday:  Work followed by games (see above).
Wednesday:  Work followed by games (see above).
Thursday:  Work followed by games (see above).
Friday:  Work followed by Pizza Night at the Hayes House.  Then, games (see above).
Saturday:  Yard work, house work, and errands.  Then, games (see above).

That pretty much sums it up.

When I cannot be distracted, I absolutely have to find my peace by finding God.  I can do this through listening to my favorite Christian artists, praying, reading my Bible, praying (oops, I already said that), studying a devotional book (usually My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers), praying (oops, again), blogging about how God is strengthening me to endure this journey, and hanging out with my beautiful wife.

But it's time for another distraction.  Wanna play a game?  I have "Chess with friends," "Words with Friends," and "Hanging with Friends" on my iPhone.  Feel free to find me on Facebook for a game or two.  But don't feel bad if I beat you.  Just don't give me any mercy points!!  It's okay if I lose, too :-)  Afterall, it is just a game!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you do not have a blogger account, please sign your name to your comment. Thank you!