Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Do Everything!

We all struggle.  That's life.  It's hard!!  Each day brings new challenges.  But "morning by morning, new mercies I see!"  My Papa has told me numerous times that "being a Christian is not easy."  And he is definitely right.

Former President and Rough Rider Theodore Roosevelt would have 
agreed with my Papa.  Good ol' Teddy said, "Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty... I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."


You may have thought Mr. Roosevelt was talking about the apostle Paul. As the author of 14 out of 27 books in the New Testament, Paul shared a few times what it meant to have a "bad day."  He endured no sleep, no food, no water, no clothing, three shipwrecks, three beatings with rods, one stoning, and five beatings with cat o'nine tails (39 lashes each) (2 Corinthians 11:24-27).  Yet, Paul insisted for us to "rejoice in the Lord always!" (Philippians 4:4).

Do Everything! (click here to hear the song and watch the video, "Do Everything" by Steven Curtis Chapman)
1 Corinthians 10:31 says, "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."

Ephesians 2:10 says, "For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."


So, like Paul, God has blessed me with a unique burden.  And I embrace it as my ministry.  My little Caroline's condition weighs heavy on my heart.  I don't hide this.  Instead, I share it with everyone I meet.  But I have a responsibility to live for Christ and to gracefully endure the effort, pain, and difficulty.  Moreover, it is not an option, but an obligation to suffer well.  For I know that God will not give me more than He will help me handle one step at a time. 

This is my life.  And I live it for His glory, by His grace, through His strength. 

1 comment:

  1. Have been keeping up with you guys through your blogs and family. Seems like our minds were thinking similar thoughts this day and past week. I'm studying Paul's journey thur Acts. Last week when I read 2 Cor. 12:7-12, God placed you on my heart. My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. So many times have I envied Paul for his perserverance, his faith and his suffering. I'm not good with suffering. Then I saw a saying, "The will of God will never take you where the grace of God will not protect you", how beautiful. Having 3 sons, one with infertility and losing 2 babies, and another having 3 miscarriages before haveing a beautiful girl, your blogs have not only been intertaining in instances, but very inspiring. Losing a child at any age is not easy. I can only imagine the pain you guys are going through. You are right. Men and their true feelings are not always easily expressed or accepted. Many times our Lord shed tears for us as His children. AS a mother of sons, your feelings are very justified. I am anonymous. To be honest with you, I am of that generation who does not do well with computers, blogs, face book whatever.I have to have my grandkids program my phone, so I am very new at this blogging thing, I am Keiths cousin, Linda. We knew Emily when the kids were younger and were at your wedding. Keep up the good work and give Emily a hug for me. Because you're in the Shepherds heart, His love is always there. He is with you and many prayers are too. Linda Scroggins

    ReplyDelete

If you do not have a blogger account, please sign your name to your comment. Thank you!