Friday, October 21, 2011

Abortion is not the answer!

It is my prayer that our journey through anencephaly with Caroline Grace will gracefully open up people's eyes.  Anencephaly is often the #1 reason to argue FOR abortion.  Well, I am here to tell you that MIRACLES are the #1 reason to argue AGAINST abortion. 

I have been involved in a heated "discussion" with a passionate woman on Twitter for the past few days.  She believes in Pro-Choice and asked me, "do you believe in forcing other women to [carry an anencephalic fetus to full term]?"  She then tweeted, ""/"we"? You mean SHE. Your god is CRUEL. I feel sorry 4 both."  Another person chimed in:  "whether they are technically born (if no brain is present) is an ethical and legal issue."  Well, I have several problems with these tweets. 

First:  I'm not the President.  I don't make laws for the people. 

Second:  If I was the President, we'd ALL be in trouble! 

Third:  My wife and I are married. We are joined by our love and vows to each other. Besides, it takes two...Yes, "WE" are pregnant.  Furthermore, Genesis 2:24 (Old Testament) states, "For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh" (NIV).  You don't like the Old Testament...okay, the New Testament states, "and the two will become one flesh. So they are no longer two, but one" (Mark 10:8; NIV).  If you don't believe in the Bible, I'm sure that you will not argue with the old addage: "it takes two to tango."  Besides, what pregnant lady wants to go 9 months without any help around the house, emotional support, comfort, compassion, etc??  It is definitely a team effort!!

Fourth:  I realize there is an ongoing debate of defining what it means to be a "fetus" or a "life."  I'm here to tell you that these babies ARE alive.  During the sonogram, you can clearly see them moving in the womb!  Many are even born alive and live to be several months/years old.  Even if Caroline Grace does not survive the delivery, her organs will be available for donating!!  So, if you have a problem accepting the fact that my baby girl is "technically born" or not, I would hope that you at least see the medical benefits and ethical dilemma presented by stealing someone's life (or fetus, if you must) that could have been used to save someone else through organ donations.

Fifth:  There are some wicked, wicked people in this world.  Of these, consider serial killers.  If killing a serial killer is illegal/unethical/punishable by death penalty, why is it okay to kill an innocent baby, despite how that baby was conceived?  We cannot accept aborting our baby (even if I disregard what my religious beliefs) because I know that she is already touching lives and she's not even born yet!  And when she is born, she's going to touch (maybe even save!) many more...either by her organ donations or by a miracle that God grants her life in this world!

Sixth:  Lastly, I believe in miracles. ...of all shapes and sizes!  If we aborted Caroline Grace, we would be removing God's role in her life.  Job 1:21 says, "Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart.  The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised."  It is not Emily's or my role to take away Caroline's life.  The Lord has granted her to us for a reason.  And we will not sell God short!

Please choose life.  We did!! 

4 comments:

  1. Your strength and faith in this time are truly a blessing. I want you to know that Caroline Grace has truly touched lives already. Your faith has strengthened my own faith. Each day I pray for Caroline Grace and your family. I am sorry you are having to face such a challenge, I pray that Caroline Grace be blessed with a miracle, but am thankful that you have the faith to understand God is in charge and will always be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be still and know I am God. Times like this we need to be still and feel God talk to us, love us and feel his arms around us. This is a blessing in itself. When you are totally down physially and mentally, JUST BE STILL AND FEEL GODS GRACE AND MERCY. We love you guys and are praying for you daily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am most humbly proud of you both. The love you share with each other and God is truly amazing and wonderful. The world would be a much better place if everyone had just half of the love that little Caroline Grace has already from us all. God bless you all.
    Love,
    Aunt Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Amy: I don't think I know you. Do you follow my wife on her blog? Or maybe you're friends on Operation Homefront? At any rate, you have no clue how very encouraging it is to get a word of encouragement from a total stranger. This gives me confirmation that the word is getting out and impacting many people. Thank you for your encouragement!

    @ Linda: I know I've never met you, but you and Johnny are so sweet. Thank you so very much for your card. We got it today in the mail and you have no idea how touched we were by your handwritten note. The verse (Is. 46:4) is PERFECT for what we are going through. Thank you so much.

    @ Aunt Laura: Thank you. The love we share is a love we have learned from watching couples like you and Uncle David, Nana and Papa, and the unconditional love of our Savior, Jesus Christ. He is so good to us!

    ReplyDelete

If you do not have a blogger account, please sign your name to your comment. Thank you!