Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pastor's Visit

Saturday, October 8, 2011:  We slept until noon again today.  I didn't shave again - it's only been 4 days and I've grown a beard!  After eating a light breakfast, we saw a car pull up in front of our house.  I thought it might be our Pastor.  We were still wearing our PJs, lounging around the house.  Emily flew upstairs and changed out of her comfy bed clothes.  I, on the other hand, stuck to my flannels and sweat shirt.  There was a knock on the door.  I answered, and sure enough, there stood Pastor Moore with a loving and sorrowful look on his face.  I invited him inside and we sat down in the living room.  None of us knew what to say, but it was a wonderful visit.  He prayed a very sweet prayer with us and comforted us in a time of dire need.  It's always nice to know that we have a solid network of support, outside of our family, that comes from fellow church members.  I'm not sure how we would get through this without them!

After Pastor Moore left, I finally gathered up enough strength to shower and get cleaned up for once.  Later that evening, we left the house for Tristan and Kate's house.  We were getting stir crazy and needed to leave the four walls we had been prisoner to for the past 4 days.  Our best friends offered comic relief, a couple of movies to watch, and much needed emotional support.  I think Tristan even let me beat him in a game of chess...I'm not sure, because he's not the type to lose, much less admit sympathy points.  Who knows, maybe I got lucky and won!  At this point, I'll take any W I can get!  Thank you, Lord, for small victories.  And great friends.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you do not have a blogger account, please sign your name to your comment. Thank you!