Friday, January 6, 2012

Caroline's Funeral

Tonight, my heart is heavy but my burden is somehow light.  Although I know in my heart that I am saddened by the loss of our little Caroline, God has lifted a tremendous weight off of my shoulders.  There is no reason why I should feel as strong as I do right now.  This has been, by far, the most burdensome event I have ever endured.  Yet, in what should be my weakest moments, God has made me strong....not just strong, but stronger than I have ever been!

Instead of looking at my daughter's casket with sadness, I look at it and smile.
Instead of being ashamed that my daughter has passed before me, I am proud to have just known her.
Instead of wallowing in my pain and suffering, God has allowed me to increase my faith and strength.

I realize that this may not make any sense to anyone else.  If you do not understand what I am saying, all I can leave you with is that this unbelievable turn of emotions is the ability that God has to change our lives.  He is the Almighty!!  He is the Redeemer of this world.  And He is the Master Healer of our hearts. 

God has healed my heart despite my huge loss!!  And He has used Caroline in such a way to heal hundreds, if not thousands, of others' hearts.  Will you let Caroline's story touch your heart, too?  As her father, I can assure you that she would want you to feel the overwhelming and unconditional love that she has felt ever since her arrival in Heaven at 1:58 a.m. on December 15, 2011.

I love you, baby girl.  I am so proud to be your dad!  I see your name and I just smile!!!  But we miss you so very much!  And we'll see you in a few decades!  ...what a wonderful day that will be!!

2 comments:

  1. God is good, all the time!

    Andrea, Mommy to Gabriel, June 10, 2011 to June 20, 2011
    http://gabrielsmessagelives.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cameron and Emily, this is Katrina from Houston...I had commented on Cameron's facebook feed a couple of days ago. Our daughter, Lucy Rose, was born with anencephaly in 2006, and I am now carrying a baby that has acrania, a similar neural tube defect (due this summer). My heart is heavy for you two, as I know the pain of burying a child, but I also know the joy of welcoming one of these special babies into the world and you express that so well. I pray that the days to come bring peace, rest, and healing for both of you. Please let me know if there is anything I can do as you walk this journey. Your little girl has doubtless already worked miracles in the hearts of many here on earth, and that in itself a cause for joy. God bless you both...

    ReplyDelete

If you do not have a blogger account, please sign your name to your comment. Thank you!