Saturday, December 17, 2011

Healing Begins

This morning was a brisk 30 degrees.  A little windy.  But beautiful!  I woke up this morning by taking a walk beside the river.  Walking and talking with Jesus...like father, like daughter.  She is walking and talking with Him on streets of gold...but I have to settle for streets of pavement with potholes.  I can make do, though :-) 
Good morning, Caroline!  I love you!
The Light Meets the Dark - Where the Healing Begins
After taking this photo, this song came to mind (It's "Healing Begins" by Tenth Avenue North.  I've posted it before...but I like it that much!):

 So you thought you had to keep this up
All the work that you do
So we think that you're good
And you can't believe it's not enough
All the walls you built up
Are just glass on the outside

So let 'em fall down
There's freedom waiting in the sound
When you let your walls fall to the ground
We're here now

This is where the healing begins, oh
This is where the healing starts
When you come to where you're broken within
The light meets the dark
The light meets the dark

Afraid to let your secrets out
Everything that you hide
Can come crashing through the door now
But too scared to face all your fear
So you hide but you find
That the shame won't disappear

So let it fall down
There's freedom waiting in the sound
When you let your walls fall to the ground
We're here now
We're here now, oh

This is where the healing begins, oh
This is where the healing starts
When you come to where you're broken within
The light meets the dark
The light meets the dark

Sparks will fly as grace collides
With the dark inside of us
So please don't fight
This coming light
Let this blood come cover us
His blood can cover us

This is where the healing begins, oh
This is where the healing starts
When you come to where you're broken within
The light meets the dark
The light meets the dark
We have definitely been healing a lot in the last few days.  God has answered all of my prayers where I have asked him for something.  And He has answered prayers that I didn't even know to pray...so whoever out there prayed THOSE prayers for us, thank you!!!  We have been absolutely surrounded by love, support, and healing.  I wish I could respond to each and every comment on Facebook, Twitter, e-mail, text messages, etc., but there is literally not enough time in the day.  In time, I will respond to each and everyone...but please don't feel like your comment was not meaningful if I haven't replied yet!!!  We have cherished each and every one.  God has a unique way of giving us everything we need, especially when we don't even know what to pray.  He gives us others to pray as intercessors for us!  And he wraps his arms around us and holds us so tight.  His love is abundant.  His grace is sufficient.  And He is ALL that we need.  Our God is an awesome God!!!  Thank you for continuing to share your support and encouragement in our journey with Caroline.  We love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Cameron, Congratulations! Caroline Grace is so precious & tiny. She is a beautiful baby too! I have spent the last couple of days reading you and your wife's blog & your unexpected journey. I've cried tears of sorrow & tears of joy for your family.

    I've appreciated you both sharing your inner most thoughts. My daughter, Kara, & I do not feel alone now. We found out about her son, Brayden Michael, on October 13th. For awhile our world stopped. Our church family has been so supportive! One thing I'd like you to know is that Kara had been away from God and her entire family for 3 years. She is 23 btw. During that time she did just about everything you can think of. These were 3 of the longest years of our life. In June she found out she was pregnant & she & her boyfriend broke up. In July she moved back home! And on September 4th she rededicated her life to Christ!!

    I've been saying too that God can heal Brayden. And if He chooses not to He will heal our hearts enough to see us through because His plan is perfect! For me I have already witnessed a miracle because Kara is back in our life & seeking God & rebuilding her relationship with Christ! What's amazing to me is that she turned her life around before she learned about his condition. God is in control!!

    Cameron, thank you for letting me share a bit of Kara's story. I will be praying for you, Emily & your family.

    Your Sister in Christ,
    Amy Stribling (BlueEternal)

    ReplyDelete

If you do not have a blogger account, please sign your name to your comment. Thank you!