Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Hurt and the Healer

My heart is heavy and my soul aches.  Oh, Caroline Grace, how I love you!  I wish I could hold you right now.  I would gladly lose sleep to hear your cry in the night.  You are my inspiration.  And I long to see your precious face once again.

Heavenly Father.  My King and Savior.  Great Healer.  Holy, anointed one.  Yahweh Elohim.  Sweet Jesus, my Lord.  Ruler of the Universe.  Caretaker of my Caroline Grace.  I long to see your face.  And I wish to be in your court more than I wish to be on this earth.  I am tired.  I hurt.  It hurts so bad.  Please, Lord, give me peace.  Hold me now.  Ease my mind.  Bless my soul.  Carry me.

Lord, this is my song tonight (as borrowed from Mercy Me):
"Jesus please don’t let this go in vain
You’re all I have
All that remains

So here I am
What’s left of me
Where glory meets my suffering

I’m alive
Even though a part of me has died
You take my heart and breathe it back to life
I’ve fallen into Your arms open wide
When the hurt and the healer collide

Breathe
Sometimes I feel it’s all that I can do
Pain so deep that I can hardly move
Just keep my eyes completely fixed on You
Lord take hold and pull me through"

2 comments:

  1. May our great God and Savior comfort and heal you! However, I also hope you have seen a doctor or counsellor. God provides their talents and gifts for our healing as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CALLING ON THE NAME OF THE LORD?

    What is the meaning of calling on the name of the Lord? Many assume that believing in Jesus and saying a form of a sinner's prayer constitutes, calling on the name of the Lord. The problem with that theory is none of the conversions under the New Covenant support that assumption. Not one time is anyone ever told to believe and say the sinner's prayer in order to be saved.

    The apostle Peter on the Day of Pentecost quoted the prophet Joel, Acts 2:21 And it shall come to pass that whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved." (NKJV)

    The apostle Peter preached the first gospel sermon under the New Covenant. Peter did not tell the 3000 converts to believe and say the sinner's prayer.

    Peter preached the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus. He preached Jesus as both Lord and Christ. When they heard this they asked Peter and the rest of the brethren what they should do?(Acts 2:22-37) Peter told them what to do. Acts 2:38 Peter said to them, "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.(NKJV)

    How did the 3000 on the Day of Pentecost call on the name of the Lord and become saved?
    1. They believed that Jesus was both Lord and Christ.
    2. They believed that God raised Jesus from the grave.
    3. They repented. Repentance is a change of heart. Repentance means to be converted so that God may forgive your sins. Repentance is to make the intellectual commitment to turn from sin and turn toward God. (Acts 3:19, Acts 2:38)
    4. They were immersed in water (baptized) so that their sins could be forgiven.

    How did the 3000 on the Day of Pentecost not call on the name of the Lord?
    1. They did not say a sinner's prayer.
    2. Not one person was asked to pray for forgiveness.
    3. Not one single man was told to be baptized as a testimony of his faith.
    4. No one was told that water baptism was a just an act of obedience.
    5. No one was informed they were saved the very minute they believed.
    6. Not one person was told that water baptism was not essential for the forgiveness of sins.
    7. Not one person was told to be baptized so they could join a denominational church.

    Jesus said he that believes and is baptized shall be saved. (Mark 16"16) Jesus did not say he who believes and says a sinner's prayer shall be saved.

    YOU ARE INVITED TO FOLLOW MY CHRISTIAN BLOG. Google search, steve finnell a christian view.

    ReplyDelete

If you do not have a blogger account, please sign your name to your comment. Thank you!